Announcements and Important Events
All MS students that are interested in participating in MS Boys and Girls Cross Country this fall we are scheduled to start on Wednesday, September 9th at 3:00 pm. All students are to report to the Fraser Stadium. Those students that would like additional information, the cross country coaches have scheduled a virtual call for Thursday September 3rd at 7:00 pm https://meet.google.com/fsg-eist-ogs
If you do decide to participate with the Cross Country Team, all students need to understand that they will be required to pay a participation fee, since this is a club sport.
Head Coach of the MS Cross Country Program is Daniel Barnes and his email is email@example.com
Richards Middle School is glad to welcome back the start of Fall sports beginning Wednesday, September 9th. In order for students to participate each day, all students will have to adhere to the following requirements.
- Student athletes will be required to be dropped off or park in the west parking lot of the athletic stadium.
- They will walk to the entrance located in the west parking lot on the north end of Richards MS – using social distancing
- It is mandatory that all students wear a mask while checking-in and when leaving the facilities – must bring own mask – no mask – student will not be permitted to check in – student must wear a mask once their team activities are completed and they are leaving the stadium
- Our trainer and staff will be checking and recording temperatures of the student/athletes and coaches
- After completing the check-in process, the student/athletes can walk to the location they are working out at.
- We ask that parents stay in their car or leave and return when practice sessions are completed
- Locker rooms are not available for changing or showering
- Student-athletes must be dressed for workout when they arrive (dress appropriately for outdoor weather conditions)
- All student-athletes will need to bring their own water bottle(s)
- Wearing of face mask is highly recommended but not mandated during activity
- Rest rooms in the stadium will be available – but only 1 person will be permitted to enter at a time
- 2020 MHSAA physical or MHSAA Questionnaire must be handed in prior to attending any scheduled workout (see information below)
As the athletic department continues to navigate the COVID-19 situation, all families, please be aware that changes/cancellations may occur on a daily basis due to updates and weather situations as all sport activities are scheduled to be run outdoors until further notice. If any of these dates change due to COVID-19 updates the athletic department will send out those changes immediately and coaches will update students as well.
Prior to participating in tryouts or team practices, all students must have completed and handed in the MHSAA Physical form or Sports Health Questionnaire form. Any student not handing in one of these required forms will be held out of participating until the form has been submitted to the athletic department.
- Pre-participation Physical Examination (PPE) or 2020-21 MHSAA sports Health Questionnaire: https://www.mhsaa.com/Schools/Forms-Resources
- Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) has decided to extend the 2019-20 Pre-participation Physical Examination for eligible student athletes
- If athletes have a valid 2019-20 PPE they will be required to complete the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire that can be found on the MHSAA website or the Athletic website
- All new athletes (i.e., first-time participants in Fraser High School Athletic Department) will be required to obtain a new PPE through his or her primary care provider or other appropriate health care professional. They will not be required to complete the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire
- Athletes will underlying, pre-existing conditions, injuries or illnesses must obtain an update PPE or appropriate clearance from treating physician based upon the situation that must be turned in